Thursday 31 July 2014

Songs of the month: July

Its the last day of July, and here comes my favourite songs for the month!
National Day is approaching, so I will be introducing more local songs this month!


1) Calling Out by KPOP idols f(x) Luna and Krystal
My office had an annual talent competition, and one of my colleagues performed this song. I knew of the song before she performed, but not because of the drama, but because of f(x). Why I chose this, because I had to lip-sync off stage for her, I listened to it alot over the weekends.
But, this song has a really nice melody~


2) 我懂了 by new Singaporean singer 崇喆
I chanced upon his interview on a weekly magazine, and heard his song on the radio at the same time. I like his low husky voice, which is why I introduced his song to all of you.
Support local music (;

3)《新加坡派》by renowned local songwriter 梁文福
This song is quite cute, in the sense that the lyrics are not the usual poetic kind, but a more comical and colloquial.


4) 情人 by local singer Kelly Poon
She participated in a local singing competition 《绝对Superstar》, and was the female champion. She released a few albums. I like her ballads. A pity, success has not come to her yet. This song is a rendition of Coco Lee's 《情人》, I find it quite refreshing. However, I find the dance a little slow, especially at the chorus.


5) Home by local songbird Kit Chan
This is by far my favourite National Day theme song. The lyrics are very meaningful, the melody is easy to remember. And ultimately, lets not forget our home.

HAPPY NATIONAL DAY SINGAPORE!! (:


No comments:

Post a Comment